SPANISH, SIGN-LANGUAGE, ARABIC, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, GERMAN, TAGALOG, RUSSIAN, HINDI, ROMANIAN & OTHERS AVAILABLE
Dr. Patricia Reagan
President of Richmond Translator & Certified Spanish Interpreter, Translator & Provider of Spanish Language Services
Dr. Patricia Reagan has been a freelance interpreter and translator in Virginia since 2004. She has provided interpreting and translation services in legal, medical, social service and community settings for individuals, companies, law-firms, non-profit organizations, and federal agencies among others. In 2012 Richmond Translator became an LLC and in 2014 she finally realized her decade long dream of expanding her business to offer interpreting and translation services in various languages.
Dr. Reagan completed the 40 hour Community Interpreting Course offered by the International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville, VA in 2004 where she lived until recently relocating to the Richmond area. In August of 2012, Dr. Reagan completed a 28-hour course, “Healing Voices: Interpreting for Survivors of Torture, War Trauma & Sexual Violence,” in Columbia MD. She now shares her training by mentoring other interpreters and translators.
Dr. Reagan earned her PhD in Spanish from the University of Virginia in 2008. She has studied abroad extensively in Spain and Argentina and speaks Spanish at home with her fiancé who is from Mexico. She has traveled to 12 countries where Spanish is spoken; therefore, she masters various dialects and regional idiosyncrasies allowing her to specifically address her client’s needs.
Since 2002, Dr. Reagan has taught Spanish language, literature, and culture at the university level. Her research focuses on contemporary Latin American fiction and Latinos in the United States. Her book, The Postmodern Storyteller focusing on the fiction of José Donoso, Gabriel García Márquez and Mario Vargas Llosa was published in July, 2012. She has also written various articles and encyclopedia entries extensively on bachata music of the Dominican Republic, Latino folklore and the fiction of Julio Cortázar and Jorge Luís Borges.
Swam Certification Number: #702004 Expires 2015
VA Notary Public Commission Number: #7523623 Expires 3/31/2016
Please contact me for your Free Quote!
Certified Translations & Interpretation:
- Legal: Courts, Court Services, Law Firms, Law Research Firms, Birth Certificates, Wedding Certificates, Immigration documents, Real Estate Sales, Power of Attorney, Apostille of the Hague
- Medical: Hospitals and Clinics in Anti-Coagulation, Audiology, Children’s Rehabilitation, Child and Family Psychology, Endocrinology, ENT, Epilepsy, Fertility, Gynecology, Imaging, Mammography, Neurology, Nutrition, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Pediatrics, Psychology, Rheumatology, Sleep Lab and Sports Medicine
- Social Service Agencies: Departments of Social Services, Child Protective Services, Rehabilitation Services, Health Departments, Mental Health
- Community Agencies: Universities and Schools, Hotels, Newspapers, Refugee Services, Hispanic Liaison Services, Chambers of Commerce, Churches, Consulates
Spanish Language Services:
- Spanish Tutoring, Curriculum Development, Cultural Sensitivity and Diversity Training, Development of Marketing Materials, Training in Culture, Customs and Etiquette for Spanish Speaking Countries, other Spanish Language Services
- VA Notary Public Commission: Number: #7523623 Expires 3/31/2016